Friday, January 13, 2006

It has been ten years now since Phil and I met. I walked up to him in the cafeteria and introduced myself. To this day I have no idea why I did that... I am not now, nor have I ever been one to be bold. But I knew who he was, and he looked so lost there all by himself. I had no idea at the time that he was to become my husband, the father of my children, and my beloved. He did become my friend very quickly, but at the time I fancied myself in love with someone else. It is hard to know your mind at nineteen, I can see that now looking back from a decade of perspective.

We've had some really difficult times in our personal relationship, but these last three years have been getting better all the time. He's grown, I'm growing, and we get closer every day. He is such a kind, considerate husband now, he works so hard to take care of me... so, Thank You, sweetheart, I know you are reading this, and I want you to know that I still love you, and I can't see an end to that until one of us comes to our end. God put us together that morning ten years ago, and He's taken good care of us since then. Our hard heads needed a little knocking together, and He's not done yet, but I am blessed to have you. I love you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cedar, on launching your blog!! I view it as a chance to know you better and keep up with your kiddos' development. I'm sure the folks in Wales will be doing the same. I hope you'll be including photos.

Anonymous said...

Please keep up with your writing! I love reading the posts and I completely understand not having "Cedar-time" to do it. Your children are lovely and I'm glad I get to spend time with your family, however brief and spaced out the visits may be. Love you guys!