Sunday, January 22, 2006

After spending a couple of hours yesterday in the girls room, I am left wondering. They have so much stuff. I have been thinning clothes and toys out since before Christmas, and still their closet, where I store their toys, and dressers are overflowing. And this is complicated by needing to move Johann in there sometime soon. I don't know where I am going to put him. How can three little girls have so much stuff? I don't want to get rid of it all, but Glady is a little pack-rat and won't let me throw anything out, and Juliet and Pippa are attached to the most beat-up McDonalds toy and fuss at me when I suggest downsizing.

Sometimes I am tempted to tell them to pick three things out and everything else is going... but still, the legos would be there. And all the gifts from people I don't want to offend, and the wooden train, and the barbie clothes, sigh.

I have to solve this soon. Johann needs to be able to sleep on his own soon.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Cedar that's what rubbermaid totes are for! Cycle the toys through, donate the ones the girls won't miss. We have the same issue here. Too much stuff, not enough space. The baby can sleep here at my house :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard, making room for people in the midst of too much stuff sometimes. But our lives can actually be richer if we thin out the stuff, and make room for living. (Good advice -- I need to follow it!)