Friday, August 10, 2007

Juliet's Seven now!

My apologies for the upside down pictures - I scanned these in and didn't take the time to check orientation! I'll try to fix and replace them later - In the mean time...

Juliet, weighing in at 8lbs even on the fish scale! In Labor on the porch - I did make it indoors to have her.
A Very new Juliet with her wonderful midwife, Sherry.
Seven Years later... Juliet on her birthday with sister!

It's hard to believe it's been that long since that warm August day when I went into labor with her. She was born around 6pm if I recall correctly - Phil and I had been walking around the block in Hillsboro to get the labor moving again after it stalled out, and I went into transition on the deck before I got back inside. The midwife brought the birthing stool outside - everyone thought Juliet would be born out there! Years later we met the people who had been our neighbors and they remembered seeing me -they told us they thought I had had the baby out there! We did eventually get me inside, though. Juliet came out pink and cranky shortly after. She started to nurse before we even had a chance to cut the umbilical, and she stayed latched on for a year! Well, I exaggerate a little, but only a little. She's my big girl. She had to be weighted with a fish scale, because the digital scale the midwife brought along broke. Somewhere I have a cute picture of a little bundle in a receiving blanket hanging from a scale.

No comments: