Mr. Phil is going to be profiled in a local newspaper, and they sent us some questions to answer beforehand. I though you might like to see them. So what would your answers be?
Here are the questions:
1. Full Name...
People know you as...
2. Date and place of birth:
March 25, 1964in Hollywood, CA
Family Entertainer, specializing in Magic, Balloonology, and Comedy.
4. How long have you lived in the area?
I moved to NH in 1996 to be near my future wife. Thirteen years here, twelve married to her!
5. Who was your most influential role model?
Bruce "Charlie" Johnson, a clown, writer, and circus historian based in Olympia, WA.
6. Where is your favorite place to go or your favorite trip or your favorite
Disneyland. I grew up near it, and I still feel that it is one of the few places of pure illusion. For that brief time you are there, you step out of your world and into theirs.
7. Favorite local business?
Laconia Public LIbrary - that's where it all started.
8. Favorite food?
Mexican! I grew up in San Diego surrounded by it, and I still love it.
9 Favorite book?
Barry Mitchell's "Creativity In Magic"
10: Favorite movie?
Do I have to pick just one? The Princess Bride - I can't think of anything to put above it on the list.
11. What do you spend too much money on?
Magic, of course. And books.
12. What is the dumbest thing you ever did?
Dressed up as the Easter Bunny. There used to be a picture, but not anymore! Muahh- Hah-Ha-Ha!
13. What is your fondest memory?
Holding my first-born daughter the night she was born - just minutes after she was born, actually. She was so tiny, and so amazing.
14. What item is no longer available that you would like to see return?
Jolt Cola with real sugar.
15. What do you think makes the Lakes Region a good place in which to live?
Its hometown feel. It isn't a city, it's a town.
16. If you could change one thing about the Lakes Region, what would it be?
The traffic on Rte 3!
17. If you could change one thing about the state, nation or world, what
would it be?
I'd bring back good manners and courtesy.
18. If you were to try a different profession for a day, what would it be?
A First-grade teacher.
19. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I'd help my friends and family, of course, but I'd really like to find some people to help anonymously. Pay for a month's rent, a tank of oil... something like that. And would it be great if that caught on and spread so everyone did things like that?
20. What would you like to be remembered for?
That I made people laugh. That I took them away from their mundane lives for a while into a place of joy and laughter.