Tuesday, March 14, 2006

We've had an exciting couple of days... Johann is pulling himself up to stand in the crib! He got up there, a little wobbly, and gave me this great big grin, like "see what I can do?" He stood there and I cheered for him for a couple of minutes, and then he fell over backwards. Poor little guy. He has such an expressive face, and all I could think was "oops!" as he went over.

I'm a little out of it this morning. I stayed up late to finish a weskit last night. I had promised it to Phil for today, and I wanted to get it done. Then Johann woke up at 5:30 this morning and I didn't want him to wake Phil up. So here I am, listening to Glady and Pippa, who are sitting on the floor behind me looking at a balloon catalog and playing with Johann, who is in his Jolly Jumper.

It looks like it is going to rain again today. It rained all day yesterday, until we had quite the puddles in the driveway. Saturday it was gorgeous. Dad and Sharon and the kids all went out and tapped trees. Dad and I went out first and marked all the Red Maples. We don't have any Sugar Maples anymore, the blight killed the last one on the farm off years ago. Without leaving the hedgerow we found more than he had expected. I think we are going to thin some of the clumps this summer, and maybe get rid of some of the cherry trees to give them some room. Even without critters, the work never ends!

No comments: