Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's beginning to feel like Fall

The view from our Gig Saturday!Ribfest cooking going on!
I don't want to know what's going on out here!
Big boy britches!
And this was back on the first day of school!

We haven't yet had a good frost, but Dad slept out in his tent the other night and came up in the morning saying there had been a patchy frost. The asters are in full fling - I have a few in the garden I have been encouraging gently. They are wild, and I am never sure whether they will stay where I want them! The trees are beginning to show a little color in places.

We had Ribfest on Labor Day, as is our tradition, and it was a success. We split the time between hanging outside near the grill and ate indoors, away from the bugs. The ribs were perfect, the company was good, and we had a long and rich day. The perfect capper to a very busy summer.

Johann has started to go on the potty chair - he walked in last Saturday, took off his diaper and sat down and went! All very casual, like he had been doing it forever. We still have a few more months of diapers, I think, but then he will officially be a Big Boy.

Phil ad I were the entertainment yesterday at a wedding reception - it was a lovely day, on an island out on Lake Winnepesaukee. He did balloons, and I painted - I knew it was going to be a good gig when the father of the groom, who was ferrying us across to the island, told me he wanted me to paint him first! It was a day of firsts - for him, at 70, having his face painted for the first time, and for Phil and I, going to a gig on a boat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to catch up a bit on how life is going for you. Wish I could just hop across country to visit, and go to one of your gigs! I ran across a picture of you three girls, taken twenty-some years ago. How time flies!

Grandma La Vaughn